• Hearing loss is associated with a 24% increase in risk of cognitive decline compared to normal hearing.
• Hearing loss is twice as common in adults with diabetes as in those without diabetes.
• People with hearing loss experience more bouts of illness than those with good hearing.
• 65% of people with hearing loss are younger than 65 years of age.
• Hearing instruments can improve communication and quality of life in more than 90% of people with hearing loss. Despite this, 75% of people diagnosed with hearing loss do nothing about it.
• Untreated hearing loss is associated with an average annual income loss of $30,000 compared to normal hearing. Fitting a hearing aid reduces this de cit by more than 50% ($16,000).
People with hearing loss are 5 times more likely to seek a hearing solution if they are given a positive recommendation
by their physician.